Far reaching benefits
Many WAM participants have children. Keeping mothers out of prison keeps families together and keeps children out of the care system, and potentially out of the criminal justice system. The vast majority of WAM program participants have experienced family violence. The impacts of family violence are considerable, and they often affect the next generation. WAM’s mentors provide support for victims to assist them to escape the cycle of violence they have experienced.
How you can help
WAM currently receives very little government funding. Please help us to keep this valuable program going and to expand it into other areas of need. Your donation can help us in many ways:
- $30 can provide mobile phone credit so that a participant and her mentor can keep in touch.
- $50 can buy a grocery voucher to help a participant and her family buy food and other essentials.
- $150 can help a participant who is struggling to pay her bills.
- $400 can contribute to WAM's running costs and help us expand the program into more areas of need.
- $700 can pay WAM's office rent for a month.
Are donations tax deductible? Yes
Will I receive a receipt for my donation?
Yes, immediately sent to you by email when approved.